To add your Microsoft 365 email address to Outlook 2010, you’ll need to install a software patch to make it compatible.
Office 2010 reached its end of support on October 13, 2020. Also, support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020. Visit Microsoft Support for more details.
- Go to the Microsoft© Download Center. Download and install the update then launch Outlook 2010. (You may need to sign in to Outlook again using your Microsoft 365 email address and password.)
- Select File > Add Account.
- On the Auto Account Setup page, enter the following:
- Your Name: First and last name
- E-mail address: Microsoft 365 email address
- Password/Retype password: Microsoft 365 email password
- Select Next. If prompted, enter your password again. Or, if Outlook can’t add your email address, you may be asked to enter your Incoming and Outgoing server info (POP/IMAP settings).
- Select OK. If you have more than one Outlook profile, you’ll be asked to select if you want a profile prompt when you open Outlook or if you want to sign in directly to this profile.
- Select Finish. Your emails should start showing up in your inbox.
- Confirm by sending yourself a test email and responding to it once it arrives in your inbox.
- Add my Microsoft 365 email address to my iPhone Outlook app
- Add my Microsoft 365 email address to my Android Outlook app
- Set up my email address manually with my Incoming and Outgoing server info and POP/IMAP settings.
- If you have access to software downloads with your Microsoft 365 plan, you can download the most recent version of Outlook.