You can upload files to your Managed WordPress account with SFTP. You can use any FTP client to do this, such as FileZilla. This is useful for managing large file uploads to your WordPress site, or if you want to make changes to your WordPress site manually – such as installing a custom theme or plugin.
Note: The first part of this guide helps you find your SFTP credentials. If you already know your SFTP username, password, hostname and port you can start with Step 6.
- Go to your ELITE WEB Co. product page.
- In your My Products page, next to Managed WordPress, select Manage All.
- For the website you want to use, select the Site URL under the Site Name column header.
- In the Settings section, select View next to your SFTP user. Note: If you haven’t set up SSH access for your Pro account yet, see Enable SSH.
- Copy your Hostname, Username and Password. You’ll need these to log in with your FTP client.
- If you haven’t done this yet, download, install, and launch FileZilla.
- Complete the following fields:
FieldWhat to enter…Host Your Hostname Username Your SFTP User Name Password Your SFTP Password Port 22
- Select Quickconnect. After FileZilla connects to your account, you can drag-and-drop to upload your files to the appropriate location.
Note: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. Third-party marks and logos are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.