If you’re using Microsoft 365 as POP or IMAP, your data (including mail, contacts, and calendars) might not be connected to your email and could be lost if you delete that account. To prevent any data loss, and to get the most secure, fast, and reliable email, switch your POP or IMAP account to Exchange.
- Sign in to Outlook on the web. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your ELITE WEB Co. username and password won’t work here). If you see email in your inbox, continue to the next step.
Warning: If any messages are missing after your transition from Workspace Email to Microsoft 365, don’t delete your POP or IMAP account yet. You can still add Exchange, but keep both accounts until you’ve recovered your messages.
2.Open your Android’s Outlook app. (Don’t have the app? Download it at the Google Play Store.)
3. Tap Menu >
4. Tap Add Mail Account > Add an email account
5. Enter your Microsoft 365 email address and tap Continue.
6. Enter your Microsoft 365 password and tap Sign In. (You might need to choose your account type as Work or School.)
7. If your admin enabled multi-factor authentication (MFA) (also called two-step verification), you’ll also need to verify your account.
8. Your Microsoft 365 account now shows in Settings. Go to your Inbox to check your email.
Compare your POP/IMAP and Exchange accounts. If your email is in Exchange, remove the POP/IMAP version from your device.
- If you use other email clients, set up Exchange on them as well.