If you have an SSL certificate hosted on your ELITE WEB Co. hosting or Website Builder account, you will need to uninstall it before you can change the domain name.
- Go to your ELITE WEB Co. product page.
- For SSL Certificates, select Manage All.
- Select the certificate you want to uninstall.
- Select Change the site that your certificate protects to expand the area.
- Select Remove your certificate from your hosted website, and then select Add Change.
- If you want domain ownership instructions sent, select Domain Control Options, select your chosen method and select Continue.
- Select Submit All Saved Changes.
It can take 24 to 72 hours for your certificate to uninstall.
- Now you’re ready to change the domain name which depends on the type of account you have:Account typeNext StepWebsite BuilderConnect my site to a domaincPanel (Linux) HostingChange the domain in my Linux Hosting accountPlesk (Windows) HostingChange a domain in my Plesk hosting account
- After you’ve changed the domain name on your ELITE WEB Co. hosting account, you can change the domain name on your SSL certificate