You may need to install a WordPress theme through FTP. This is useful for large or custom themes.
- Connect to your hosting with FTP.
- Navigate to the /wp-content/themes folder for your WordPress site.
- Upload your theme to this folder.
- If your theme is zipped, you will need to unzip it.(Web Hosting / cPanel / Plesk).
Note: If you do not have a way to unzip the file on your hosting account, you will need to unzip the file on your local computer, and then upload the unzipped folder of files.
5. If your theme has a custom stylesheet, also known as a child theme, repeat the process for this as well.
- After you install a theme, activate it from within WordPress.