You can change the primary domain name on your Plesk Hosting account. This will change the domain name associated with your account’s Web root directory.Required: If you have an SSL currently installed on your primary domain name, you MUSTremove the SSL prior to changing your primary domain.
- Log in to your ELITE WEB Co. account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Next to the Plesk admin icon, click the … and select Change domain.
- Choose an option:
|Select a domain from your account||Choose a domain name from the drop-down menu|
|Enter a domain or subdomain||Manually enter a domain or subdomain|
Note: This option will require that you update your DNS A record to the specified IP address.
4. Click Change domain to complete the process.
Note: This process can take up to 24 hours to complete. There is no charge to change your domain name. If the domain you wish to make primary is currently listed as a secondary domain name, you must first remove it from the Plesk panel.
- You can add a domain name to your hosting account.
- Or you can remove a domain name of your hosting account.
- You can save your website files locally by backing up your content.