Global Domains International is the sponsor and KeySystems is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .ws extensions that represents Western Samoa.
Who can register .ws domains?
Anyone can register .ws domain names.
- Must use: 3 – 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters: a-z, Numbers: 0-9, Hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- We attempt auto-renewal on the domain name’s expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal five days later, and we make a final attempt seven days after that.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 12th day after its expiration date, you can attempt to recover it, and there might be a fee to do so. See Renew my expired domain for more information.
- For example: Your .ws domain name expires on October 10. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on October 10, October 15, and October 22. If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by October 29, you can attempt to recover it.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to ELITE WEB Co.: Supported
- To successfully transfer a .ws domain name to us, your current registrar must support .ws transfers out.
- We currently do not support the transfer in of .ws emoji domains.
- Transfers away from ELITE WEB Co.: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- To transfer away from us, your new registrar must explicitly support .ws transfers in.
- Transfers to another ELITE WEB Co. account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- Cash Parking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Must use: 2-13 authoritive nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6, DNSSEC
- Want to register a .ws domain? Search for your domain today.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .ws domain.