Verisign is the backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .tv extensions that represents Tuvalu.
Who can register .tv domains?
Anyone can register .tv domain names.
When registering a .tv domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- Auto-renewal of your .tv domain name is attempted on the its expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal 10 days later. If the second renewal attempt fails, we try again 5 days after that.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 17th day after the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired domain for instructions on the redemption.
- MFor example: Your .tv domain name expires on October 1. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually until October 18. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on October 1, October 11, and October 16.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to ELITE WEB Co.: Supported
- Transfers away from ELITE WEB Co.: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- Transfers to another ELITE WEB Co. account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Must use: 2-13 Nameservers, Authoritive Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy . Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
- Want to register a .tv domain? Search for your domain today.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .tv domain.