The Internet Infrastructure Foundation is the sponsor and Hexonet aka 1 Api GmbH is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .se extension that represents Sweden.
Who can register .se domains?
Anyone can register a .se domain, however, if the registrant is an organization or company, they must provide the VAT number. If the registrant is a individual, the individual’s personal ID number will need to be listed in the VAT field.
When registering a .se domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 2-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name), Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported, Finnish, Meänkieli (Tornedalsfinska), Sami, Romany, and Yiddish characters, as well as other Nordic language characters can be used. Click here for a complete list.
- Registration length: 1 – 10 years
- Renewal length: 1 – 10 years
- Your .se domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether the domain is set to auto-renew or manually renew. We attempt auto-renewal on the first day of the month prior to the domain name’s expiration date.
- If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal on the 10th of the month and again on the 20th of the month. If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 20th of the month prior to the expiration date, you can attempt to recover it, and there might be a fee to do so. Please reach out to customer support for help.
- For example, if your .se domain name expires Oct. 10, we attempt auto-renewal Sept. 1, Sept. 10, and Sept. 20. If we cannot auto-renew the domain name, you must manually renew it by Sept. 20.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to ELITE WEB Co.: Supported
- IDN: Not Supported
- The registration does not extend a year.
- Transfers away from ELITE WEB Co.: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Not Supported
- Transfers to another ELITE WEB Co. account: Not Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant first name, last name, company name, or country on a .se domain, please contact customer support for assistance.
- Must use: 2-5 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6, DNSSEC
- See About self-managed DNSSEC for information on enabling DNSSEC for your .se domain name and About Self-Managed DNSSEC for information on the digital signature (DS) fields required for it.
- NS updates can take up to 5 days to complete.
- Want to register a .se domain? Search for your domain today.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .se domain.