Uninett Norid AS is the sponsor and backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .no extensions that represents Norway.
Who can register .no domains?
Only Norwegian Residents or Norwegian Organizations can register .no domain names. Registrant must sign a declaration form confirming eligibility, with individual registrants providing a personal identification code and organization registrants supplying their organization number. Individual registrants are limited to a maximum of 5 domain names and Organization registrants are limited to a maximum of 100 domain names for registration.
When registering a .no domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 2 – 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters: a-z, Numbers: 0-9, Hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Supported, Latin
- Registration length: 1 year
- Renewal length: 1 year
- You must renew your .no domain name by its expiration date. If you do not manually renew it by its expiration date, you can attempt to recover it, and there might be a fee to do so. See Renew my expired domain for instructions.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to ELITE WEB Co.: Supported
- There will be a charge to process a Transfer In and there will be no extension to the domain expriation date. Renewals on Transfers In are not supported. If a domain has expired at the time a registrant intiates a Transfer In, the registrant must renew the domain at the previous registrar prior to starting the Tranfer In process.
- Transfers away from ELITE WEB Co.: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Not Supported
- Transfers to another ELITE WEB Co. account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Not supported
- Must use: 2-8 Authoritive Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, DNSSEC
- Cannot use: IPv6
- Want to register a .no domain? Search for your domain today.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .no domain.