CZ.NIC is the sponsor and Hexonet aka 1 Api GmbH is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .cz extension that represents Czech Republic.
Who can register .cz domains?
Anyone can register a .cz domain.
When registering a .cz domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- Your .cz domain name will auto renew if you have auto-renew turned on. Otherwise, it deletes 59 days after expiration.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to ELITE WEB Co.: Supported
- The transfer does not extend the registration a year.
- Transfers away from ELITE WEB Co.: Supported
- Transfers to another ELITE WEB Co. account: Not supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To change the registrant, please reach out to customer support for assistance. All other contact information can be changed through the Domain Manager.
- Must use: 2-10 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy . Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .cz domain names, please reach out to customer support for help.
- Want to register a .cz domain? Search for your domain today.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .cz domain.