Nic.ch is the sponsor and Hexonet aka 1 Api GmbH is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .ch extension that represents Switzerland.
Who can register .ch domains?
Anyone can register a .ch domain.
When registering a .ch domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported – Latin
- Registration length: 1 year
- Renewal length: 1 year
- Auto-renewal is attempted 12 days prior to the domain name’s expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal 7 days later and again 6 days after that, the day before expiration.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the day before expiration, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. The domain will stay active after failed billings until the final day of expiration.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to ELITE WEB Co.: Supported
- The registration does not extend a year.
- Transfers away from ELITE WEB Co.: Supported
- Transfers to another ELITE WEB Co. account: Not supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- Cash Parking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant on a .ch domain, contact customer support for assistance.
- Must use: 2-50 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6
- Cannot use: DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy . Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .ch domain, contact customer support for assistance.