Nic.ac is the sponsor and Afilias is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .ac extensions that represents Ascension and Tristan da Cunha Islands.
Who can register .ac domains?
Anyone can register .ac domain names.
When registering a .ac domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3 – 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters: a-z, Numbers: 0-9, Hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to ELITE WEB Co.: Supported
- Transfers away from ELITE WEB Co.: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- Transfers to another ELITE WEB Co. account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- Cash Parking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Must use: 1-13 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6, DNSSEC
- Want to register a .ac domain? Search for your domain today.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .ac domain.