Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) lets you access email stored on a server from multiple devices. If you have IMAP-enabled email, you can set it up in pretty much any email client, on whatever computer or device you want.
These are generic instructions to help you add your email address to a desktop email client. For specific articles for adding your email address to your mobile or desktop, scroll down to the Related steps section in this article.
- Open your chosen email client and go to the create a new email account form.
- Locate the IMAP settings area (also called manual configuration).
- Enter the following (you need to enter one incoming port and one outgoing port):
Server hostnamePortIncoming (IMAP)imap.secureserver.net993 (SSL)
143Outgoing (SMTP)smtpout.secureserver.net465 (SSL)
587 (TSL/SSL – Mac)
80, 3535 or 25UsernameEmail addressPasswordEmail password
- Depending on your email client, you’ll be asked for more info or email client preferences. You should be asked to save your settings.
Note: Our servers may use different names for folders than the client you’re setting up. You may need to map folders, to get them to sync properly. We recommend searching the Internet for instructions on correctly mapping your folders, for your specific client.
- Add my email to Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Add my email to Outlook for Mac
- Add my email to Apple Mail
- What do I need to apply for a merchant account?
- If you’re upgrading from POP to IMAP, you won’t lose your previous email data.
- Use POP settings to add my Workspace Email to an email client