If you’re using Microsoft 365 as POP or IMAP, your data (including mail, contacts, and calendars) might not be connected to your email and could be lost if you delete that account. To prevent any data loss, and to get the most secure, fast, and reliable email, switch your POP or IMAP account to Exchange.
- Sign in to Outlook on the web. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your ELITE WEB Co. username and password won’t work here). If you see email in your inbox, continue to the next step.
Warning: If any messages are missing after your transition from Workspace Email to Microsoft 365, don’t delete your POP or IMAP account yet. You can still add Exchange, but keep both accounts until you’ve recovered your messages.
2. Open your Google Pixel’s Gmail app.
- New users: Add an email address.
- Existing users: Select Account and tap Add another account.
3. Select Exchange and Microsoft 365.
4. Enter your Microsoft 365 Email and tap Next.
5. Enter your password and tap Next.
6. When your account is ready to go, tap Done.
7. To see your inbox, tap Take me to Gmail. You can access your Profile settings to update your display name or mobile signature.
Compare your POP/IMAP and Exchange accounts. If your email is in Exchange, remove the POP/IMAP version from your device.
- If you use other email clients, set up Exchange on them as well.