If you’re migrating your email and use Outlook 2010 or later on Windows, you can install the Outlook Migration Assistant to help your transition go more smoothly. It automatically sets up Outlook, creates a new Microsoft 365 profile, and moves your local data.
After you’ve started your migration, you’ll receive an email asking for your permission to access your account so we can complete the migration service.
- From your confirmation email, select Start to confirm we have your permission to proceed. This will open the Outlook Migration Assistant.
- Select Download for Windows PC.
- After the Outlook Migration Assistant is installed, open the program and select OK, Let’s Go.
- Enter your Email Address and Password, then select Next Step.
- Select Minimize. The Outlook Migration Assistant will complete its task and run in the background until your move is complete. You can continue using your email as usual while the program is running.
After your migration is done, you’ll receive a confirmation email with instructions for next steps.
- The fastest way to use your new email address is by signing in to Outlook on the web.
- After your migration is complete, you’ll need to add your Microsoft 365 email address to your devices again.