Find and recover emails in your Email Backup add-on. Email Backup searches for keywords in email headers, including:
- Subject line
- Attachment name
Search doesn’t include email bodies.
- Sign in to Email Backup.
- Select Exchange.
- Select the user in the Individual Mailboxes list.
- Enter your keyword(s) in the search box.
Note: If you’re unsure about the spelling, use a placeholder in your search. For example, if you’re looking for either Kristen Jenson or Kristin Jensen, search for Krist?n Jens?n.
5. (Optional) Sort the results using:
- Name (sender)
6. Select the check box next to the item you want to restore.
7. Select Restore. You’ll see confirmation once the restore is successful.
Note: The size of the data being restored and Microsoft 365 server availability will affect how long the restore takes.
- Items will restore as duplicates if they still exist in the user’s mailbox.
- Bulk restore backed up emails.