After your admin has set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) for Microsoft 365, you can come back to your MFA settings to change how you authenticate your email account.
- Sign in to Outlook on the web. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your ELITE WEB Co. username and password won’t work here).
- Enter the verification code that was sent to your phone or use the Microsoft Authenticator app to prove you’re authorized to use your email account.
- After you’re signed in, go to the Additional Security Verification page. There are two sections for you to manage:
- What’s your preferred option? — Choose your default verification option.
- How would you like to respond? — You can choose one or more options for authenticating your account.
Note: If you’re going to change the preferred authentication option, you’ll want to make sure the field for that option is filled out in the how would you like to respond section. For example:
• Switching from Authentication phone to Office phone, you’ll need to have Office phone checked with a number entered.
• Changing from Authentication phone to Authenticator app or Token, you’ll want to check the Authenticator app or Token option and select Set up Authenticator app.
Note: While we link to Azure for this process, our scope of support for Azure ActiveDirectory is limited. We provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products.