Website Security firewall can allow or block IP addresses from accessing your site.
- Whitelist IP Addresses aren’t blocked by firewall security rules that restrict access by IP address to WordPress administration panels like administrator or wp-admin.
- Blacklist IP Addresses blocks all access to your website from the IP address.
Warning: When you add an IP address to your blacklist, everyone visiting from that IP address will be blocked. For example, all web traffic from employees browsing from a large company can come from a single IP address. If you block that IP address, no one at that company can view your website.
Note: It’s helpful to clear the cache after allowing or blocking an IP address.
- Go to your ELITE WEB Co. product page.
- Under Website Security and Backups, next to the Website Security account you want to manage, select Manage.
- In the menu bar, select Firewall.
- Open Access Control.
- If you have only one domain, select Settings and then select Access Control.
- If you have multiple domains, select the gear icon for the domain you want to configure and then select Access Control.
- Select Whitelist IP Addresses to allow an address, or select Blacklist IP Addresses to block an IP address.
- Type the IP address into the Add new IP… text box, and then select how long you want to allow or block the address.
Note: If you have multiple domains and want to allow or block this IP address for all your domains, select Apply changes to all domains.
- Select Whitelist or Blacklist to add the address to the list.
Note: If you have multiple domains protected by Website Security you can quickly allow or block an IP address for a single domain. Follow steps 1 through 3 above, select IP Access Control for the domain and add the IP address.