Step 3 of the Set up my Microsoft 365 account series.
Add your Microsoft 365 email to Outlook for Mac. You’ll then be ready to send and receive business emails.
- Open Outlook. (Don’t have the app? Here’s how to download it.)
- From the menu bar, select Outlook > Preferences.
- Select Accounts.
- Select + (plus) > New account.
Note: You might need to choose your account type as Work/School to continue.
5. Enter your email address and select Continue.
6. Enter your email password and select Sign in.
7. If multi-factor authentication (MFA) is enabled, follow the prompts to set up one of the available options, or verify your account using your existing MFA method. If security defaults are enabled, set up MFA on the Microsoft Authenticator App.
8. Select Done. If you have more than one account, decide which account you want to set as the default.
9. Your account will display, and your emails will load, which can take a few minutes.