If you don’t want to use the Autodiscover feature to set up your email, or it’s not working properly, you can manually add your email address to Outlook 2016 on Windows.
- From the Start Menu, open your Control Panel.
- Select User Accounts > Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016).
- Select Show Profiles.
- Select Add.
- For Profile Name, enter whatever you want the new profile’s name to be, and then select OK.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types, and then select Next.
- Select Microsoft 365, enter your email address, and select Next.
- When you see the sign-in page, enter your email address and select Next.
Note: You may be prompted with two sign-in options after entering your email address. Use the Work or School account option.
9. Enter your Microsoft 365 email password and Sign in. It can take a couple minutes to sign in and configure your email account. Select Done.
10. Select Finish to complete the setup.
- Learn more about Outlook profiles.
- Add my Microsoft 365 email address to Outlook 2013 (Windows)
- If you’re still having issues with Outlook, see Outlook: Troubleshooting or contact customer support,