Your FTP password (which is also your cPanel login password) lets you upload files to your Linux Hosting account through an FTP client. You can also use this password to log directly into cPanel without going through your hosting account.
When you first set up cPanel, it generates both a login name and this password for you. If you forgot your FTP password, or want to change it from the default, here’s how to reset it.
- Go to your ELITE WEB Co. product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, under Settings, next to your Password click Change.
- Enter a new Password, confirm it, and then click Change Password.
- To change passwords for other (non-primary) FTP users, see Edit FTP users in my Linux Hosting account.
- To log directly in to cPanel, go to http://myDomainName/cpanel, where myDomainName is your domain and its domain suffix, like coolexample.com. You’ll need your cPanel login and new password.
- You can use an FTP client (like FileZilla) to connect to your hosting account with this username and password.