When troubleshooting PHP errors, you will want to review your PHP logs. If you don’t have PHP logs to review, use the following process to set up logging:
Note: For WordPress and Managed WordPress error logging please see Enable debug errors in WordPress.
- You should always backup your site before making any changes to your site.
- Locate your PHP initialization file.
- Edit the file. (cPanel / Plesk / VPS)
- Place the following line in your initialization file: error_log = /path/to/your/webroot/php_error.log
- Create the a file named php_error.log in the in the webroot of your hosting.
- Restart your PHP processes.(cPanel / Plesk).
- For more information about PHP error logs, visit PHP.net.