If you can’t reboot your Generation 4 Dedicated Server via SSH, you can restart it from your hosting account. Restarting a Dedicated Server means a full power cycle, so be sure to save any unsaved files before you continue.
Note: This article applies to Generation 4 Dedicated Servers only. The steps are different if you’re trying to restart a Generation 4 VPS.
- Log in to your ELITE WEB Co. account. (Need help logging in?)
- In your My Products page, click Servers, and next to the Generation 4 Dedicated Server you want to restart, click Manage.
- In the upper-right corner of the page click Server Actions > Power Cycle.
- Click Request Power Cycle. The power cycle begins and may take a few minutes. When it’s done the cycle is added to the History list for the server.
- Here’s how to rebuild your server from scratch. Back up your files first!