After you turn on the RSS to Email Addon, and import your RSS feed, you need to design your RSS email.
After you import your feed, the composer will open with a campaign containing the latest 3 posts in your feed. You can use this campaign to set the style you want for your RSS email. You can design this exactly the same way as a normal campaign:
- Change the colors
- Change the text settings
- Create a custom style
- And don’t forget to add a banner image
Note: This campaign is for preview purposes, only, and will never send. Your first RSS Email will send on whatever schedule you set, starting with the next post you publish.
You only have to set this design once. Each time your RSS email sends, your new post contents will replace these placeholder posts, and the design will look the same.
Full posts or snippets?
By default, your entire post will show in the email. You do have the option for “clean display”. This does three things:
- Include only the first image
- Truncate your post at 1,000 characters
- Include a Read more… link, to the full post on your site
If you prefer the “clean display” option, you can choose that in the next step.
- When your design is set the way you like it, click Continue. Then move on to: RSS schedule and email settings
- Troubleshooting RSS images not showing
- About the RSS to Email Add-on
- Set up the RSS to Email Add-on
- Publish a signup form on your website