You can create a subdomain record in your DNS zone file for a domain registered with ELITE WEB Co.. Subdomains are a type of domain prefix, such as blog.yoursite.com, that uses an A record to point to an IP address. To add a subdomain that points to a domain name, you’ll need to add a CNAME.
- Log in to your ELITE WEB Co. Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings, select Manage DNS.
- Below the Records section, select Add.
- Select A from the Type drop-down menu.
- Complete the required fields:
- Host: The host name, or prefix, for the subdomain. For example, enter blog to create a subdomain for blog.yoursite.com.
- Points to: The IP address you are setting as the destination for the host. This is usually the IP address of a hosting account where the site for your subdomain lives.
- TTL: How long the server should cache information. The TTL is set to 1 hour by default.
- Select Save to save your record.
Please allow up to 48 hours for your DNS changes to take full effect globally.
- You can edit an existing record to change any details.
- Or you can delete a record if it’s no longer needed.