Nameservers are your primary DNS controller, and without the correct nameserver settings, your email and website won’t work correctly. Your domain must be registered with ELITE WEB Co. in your account to edit nameservers. If you’re going to change your nameservers to another company, you need to have those available before beginning.
- Log in to your ELITE WEB Co. Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings, select Manage DNS.
- In the Nameservers section, select Change.
- Choose the option that works best for you:
- Connect my domain to a website I’ve built: Use our wizard to connect your domain to a website built elsewhere, such as Squarespace, Weebly or WordPress.
- I want to use ELITE WEB Co. default nameservers (recommended): We’ll automatically update your domain to a set of ELITE WEB Co. nameservers. This option is only available if you’re not currently using ELITE WEB Co. nameservers.
- Enter my own nameservers (advanced): Enter the nameservers given to you by your hosting provider.
- Select Save or Connect.
- Check the box next to Yes, I consent to update Nameservers for the selected domain(s).
Note: If you have Ownership Protection on your domain, you’ll need to verify your identity. We’ll automatically send a verification code if you’ve had two-step verification (2SV) enabled in your account for more than 72 hours. Otherwise, select Send Password and we’ll send a one-time password to your registrant email address.
Please allow up to 48 hours for all changes to take full effect. During this time, your website, email and other domain services may be interrupted.
- You can also transfer your domain to ELITE WEB Co. to make managing DNS easier and more secure.
- Use ELITE WEB Co. default nameservers and connect to another site by changing your A record.